Saturday, September 16, 2017

Trust the He *ART*

Day 16
Today’s Nudge: Dig something really good out of your archived writings, or write about trust.

     I mean noone simply falls in love with a bass guitar......
do they?    My husband and I have been married for decades. Well, at least it will be our ten year wedding anniversary November 2017! That's one decade right?
    That is a lot of years, to me! In fact, it is my longest relationship. We have had our ups and downs, our bumps in the road. And our I hate you right now moments, but I still love you like the day we got married moments. Here is one thing I trust about us.
    I trust that we will, challenge each other to be better than we were yesterday! My husband is a musician. His weapon of choice, the bass. His band he was in, had gotten rather stale. And it was showing in his playing bass. He wasn't happy, and that was his first love. The one thing in his life he always trusted he would have around with when everything else seemed to fail, his bass, never left his side. I have never asked him to quit playing, just to find a new band to make him happier, to pick up his bass again. He found that yesterday! A band he thinks he will enjoy to the fullest for fun, because he missed out on so many "fun," parts with his other band. I  have a good feeling about this new band. I could see that smile on his face. It was like he was falling in love all over again with his bass. He trusted his gut, and told me, I think this is what I have been needing.
    He trusts in my relationship with art, journals, brushes, ect. He saw just how happy I was when he snuck and ordered my Simmons Titanium Brushs and a brush roll up kit for my painting the fem ecourse I am in currently.
    Then, on the kitchen table he pointed out to our new books! Books I had ordered for us as a ten year wedding anniversary gift. For our 5 year wedding anniversary gift, I got us the Love Dare. While we completed the love dare, from start to finish! Being the last dare, is to renew your vows. We even did that! It was a small family and friends gathering of those who had been with us through the last 5 years! I happened to see this book, and think well, what if. So, I got it for our anniversary, 100 days of challenges. If there is anything like a renewing vows in it, we will get married during our tenth year ! And what a treat that would be. One thing I do trust about us, is we ace challenges life throws at us. If we can complete the love dare, with a complete wedding at the River Shack, then we can complete the 100 days challenge! I think I will continue with this blogger for the 100 days challenge even after my day 30 with Effy is done! You can join me if you want!
    THE PRACTICE : 
TRUSTING YOUR SPOUSE
WHY?
Because if you can't trust them, who can you trust?
     Most days it is hard for me to trust myself. But I do trust my husband. Especially with these challenges. While I find it hard to trust myself, I know my husband will be there for those days! And he will be there on days when I don't feel I can trust him. Which is worded wrong because I do trust him, it is other women, I don't trust. There ya have it ! I know most days, my arms and his arms will fall back and catch me :)                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...