Saturday, September 23, 2017

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you.
And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee from Dunkin Doughnuts is becoming a very sacred thing to me. 
     Truth. All the time my friends throughout my life have tried to give me coffee cups for gifts and such. They always have found the cutest mugs. But I don't ever drink out of them. They tell me to do something creative with them. Plant a plant in them. My husband has a cactus flower blooming in one of them. That's super creative right? And the other, that has beautiful black cats on it, is my paintbrush water! And it is all pretty with paint drippings on it.
     I used to bat my eyelashes at people who could stand to wake up and drink coffee in the morning. And hold a debate over it. A debate at 5:30 in the morning while drinking coffee? No such thing! I drink cola and pepsi to wake me up normally. It wasn't until recently Dunkin Doughnuts opened up in Grandbay, where I live, that I started even thinking about drinking coffee. I found a flavor I like. Caramel Iced Coffee, no cream, no sugar. Straight up Coffee. Chilled. I dont know about you, but my mind just doesn't wake up thinking about anything in particular. It is more like a mind map. That I have to trace my thoughts from one place to another. To see where my mind is actually going. That is why I am thankful for my morning pages. Without writing in the morning, my mind wakes up with adhd, and BAD! This image right here is so me. A blank non creative coffee cup, with too much to trace on my mind to even hold a sentence with my husband! Seriously,
    how am I supposed to hold a conversation at 530 with you guys? Here is a contest. Let's try something for next weekend's over a cuppa series. Let's  figure out what YOU like to talk about over coffee. And I will pick a topic for you to read from what you post to me? Since I am no coffee drinker, per say... this is really hard for me. I don't have coffee dates. I have why am I up so early dates. And dates with my writings. Not people. Who wants to people so early in the morning? Well, here is to trying to turn a new leaf in my life. So, that way when I go to Dunkin, I might be able to strike up a conversation with even the cashier at 5 in the morning. I really have no issues coming up with things to talk about. But, talking over coffee while we are waking up, and holding a natural debate... that just seems far fetched for me! I feel that somewhere in my life I have missed out over some great conversations in the morning because I am not a coffee drinker. So help drag me out of my caner shell. And let's converse!
     So, I will leave you with a little of what was written in my morning pages today!
There are always so many things to be thankful for! Like, when the sun crept slowly into my room this morning, I could feel the warmth of it on my skin! On an ordinary day, I would be getting up and writing my morning pages, but my husband is on night shift, and I had to sleep with him, after having the bed to myself all night. So I would not wake up. The older I get this night shift is getting harder on me, because I am thankful to watch sunrises. How do you cope with a husband that works swing shift? I find I am more thankful when he works days, because I can accomplish so much more, and even fit in a cat nap with my 5 cats. Why don't you tell me about one of your inspiring coffee dates ? I'd love to hear all about it. I am thankful for my blogger internet friends I have not met yet! I am curious as to what you have to say! Next Sat, lets really go on a BLOGGING COFFEE DATE! JOIN ME WONT YOU???

#convosoveracuppa use this hashtag! So I know you are blogging along and ways to find you! 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmmmm Coffee! I haven't been to a Dunkin Donuts in YEARS! I'm not a fan of caramel, so for me it's all about the mocha these days. Or straight up coffee, light and sweet was my go to back in the day.
    A Blogging Coffee Date! Now that sounds interesting. I might try to join you.

    ReplyDelete

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...