Friday, September 15, 2017

I feel like I don't have to "know" what's happening!

Day 15 :
Today’s Nudge: What’s something you know for sure?


     I feel like I don't have to "know" what's happening!
      There is something grand in "unknowing!" And choosing to unknow! Our own lives get so busy with day to day tasks and routines, that sometimes we just don't have the time to Keep up with the Kardashians. Heck, some days I don't even have the time in my own life to keep up with myself! That is one thing I do know!
     I have these days I call media black out days.
Where I only log onto MY facebook. And post on my page. And don't visit others pages. I also might not watch and news. Or read any news. I also might not get on the internet at all and I am perfectly happy with that. It gives me time for me. I know I am NOT really missing being "informed..." because I take note and listen to those around me instead of relying on media to do that for me. But, I am not relying on false information.
     I am in a very knowing space. I know where my light switch is. I know where 3 out of 5 of my cats might be sleeping. I know where my dog is laying in the yard. I know my husband is at work. I know where my parents are for the day. And I know, I am going to be in the art room learning about my art, symbols, my paint brushes. And listening to music. That much I do know. I might also write.
    
     But it is not important for me to be always in the "know...." Ain't no body got time for that! Somedays it is best to stick with what you do know. See what I did there? I like to honor where I am, with my creativity, like it is a sacred thing. My book of days, where I learn just about my trade. As if I was really in a school. But with all the comforts of home!  
     It is just called, I know how to resist. I know how to chill. Not just with netflix. And that much I do know :) I know a lot more, but I am in my chill zone today! But I blogged and it's day 15! I did it!

2 comments:

  1. Good one! Yes we don't need to know everything is so true. I love the colors you have here. My favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do media blackouts, too. They're so necessary in these times, eh?

    ReplyDelete

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...