Sunday, September 3, 2017

Give me something to believe in !

Day 3 Blogging Along with Effy! 
Today’s Nudge: Write about something you used to believe that you no longer believe and how that shift in belief has changed things for you.

      When I read today's nudge, I got the song, "Something to Believe in," by Poison, stuck in my head! Felt totally 80's. Believe. Belief. I still believe in the 80's! And the power of 80s music! I still believe in big, wild hair, and puff paint! And jeans with holes, and paint all over them. I am a product of the 80s generation! I figured I would start today's blog in another direction of, what I still believe in. Rather than starting off with the nudge question :)
      At 34, I have found myself questioning things in life. Back to yesterdays things and what things do you want? I hate the feeling of being "stuck!" I used to believe I would NEVER get stuck in life. WHO WANTS THAT? I love anything creative, and art is my latest obsession. I don't feel stuck there. However, I feel stuck in my photography. I used to firmly believe in my photography, and still do, to an extent. But this day and age with everyone having super nice camera phones, and everyone on the street has at least a walmart special camera and a cute kid, that they can take pictures of everyday, who needs a REAL photographer? You know, a real photographer, who went to school, and was the lead photographer for the schools newspaper. Who knows, what an F STOP is, not just what PHOTOSHOP is. Cell phone cameras killed this photographers DREAM! I used to dream of being a photojournalist for Rolling Stone Magazine. I love going to rock shows and capturing photos of musicians in their performances.
      Last year I even became a Canon trader. I bought a Nikon, thinking that if I put my canon to "bed" and slept on it - so to speak, that I would get that urge back. Sadly, I am only called upon for family events. And I am the one who gets pushed out of the pictures, now for my talent instead of pushed in them.
      I have tried to push myself to do my creative daily challenge and start my 365 Days in the Lens Blog back. But I fail about the 45th day.
     http://keeponsmilingphotography.blogspot.com/
      I don't just want to push through this rut. I miss my photography. Really *MISS* it! But I am thankful, I now have my sweet trash journal writing habit back, and my art journal classes I can take to take care of my spiritual creativity for now.
      I miss that feeling of being EXCITED about my photography.
     It's like I feel like I broke up with a  lover! A really bad breakup. It's not about feeling good all the time. I know, I am allowed to sulk and figure out and sort out this rut and come up with something fresh for 2018.
      I'M GETTING EXCITED JUST THINKING ABOUT PUSHING PUBLISH ON THIS POST!
      I'M GETTING EXCITED ABOUT MY NEW ART E COURSES!
      I'M GETTING EXCITED ABOUT THE WORD FRESH!
     I still have things I get excited about, but I just really want that photography belief back!


 This was the night I met him :)



One of my favorite Bret Michaels songs EVER! 
I have am guilty I have seen him 7 years in a row at the hard rock.
Every Memorial Day weekend! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5uamDMoW4o

Everyone should believe in something, I believe I will listen to this song again! 


10 comments:

  1. This is seriously inspirational! I hope and wish for you get the photography belief back. 80s music is still the greatest, in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I keep getting the itch back everyday for it. Ive become cell phone lazy myself!

      Delete
  2. I wish for you to find your photography mojo again too. And dude, 80s music is the best music forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ellie! Im sitting here listening to my 80s playlist on youtube lol it never gets old!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raven. Im still new to comments. I didnt mean to remove yours. Did i remove it?

      Love your reclaiming of your love for photography. I miss film photography...

      I miss black and white photography!

      Delete
  4. Get excited about all the things - crank the music up and dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! So much to be excited about. I just really *miss* picking my camera up every single day!

      Delete
  5. Yes, yes, yes, I am so glad I am not the only one who believes photoshop and mobile phones have ruined true photography......love this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog title! Im a cat slave too ! But yes. Those devices have made it easy for anyone with basic knowledge on how to take pictures! Making those of us struggle who do it for a living not a hobby!

      Delete

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...