Monday, September 18, 2017

Life hack, I don't hold onto grudges....

Day 18
Today’s Nudge: Share a life hack.

     I never used to be good at anything, that required making a list, organizing, ect. Until, they came out with cute ways to plan. I am a sticker person. Gold stars just don't cut it for me. What really gets me going is cute sticky notes, matching pens, and decorative washie tape and she art girls made from Christy Tomlinson, plus knowing that it was always handmade and one of a kind! 
     I then found, Erin Conderin, swoonage! And I was hooked. I went from scrap booking queen, from mixed media artist, to planner fanatic! I loved every minute of it. I would plan my time wisely and then go do! My life hack started with a check list from Erin C. that allowed me to have all my house wifey chores done by the weekend. I would dust in each room Monday, that included the ledges on my windows. I would also do all the windows in each room on Monday. Tuesday I would start small and declutter EACH room of the house. Throw away all garbage. Wednesday I would do laundry from each room. Bathrooms including rugs ect. Ending with bed sheets and cat towels on the couch. Thursday I would clean and focus on bathrooms. Friday I would vacuum and finish everything else I didn't have listed. It worked for me. Then come weekend, especially football weekend, I WOULD BE FREE! FREE TO BE A HAPPY COUCH POTATO! And Scream YAY FOOTBALL! I MISS THAT GIRL! That girl left when we went and spent the last summer on Dauphin Island. Today I am getting up and I am demanding full control of myself and I am going to hour by hour manage my time. Just like I used to! So, this football weekend, I will be ME! And be free from the desperate housewife!
     Also, another hack, for those of you with a multi cat house hold. I have 5 cats. All of my friends brag and say they can never smell that we have cats here. Secret hack number 1, hide litter boxes from friends. Out of sight out of mind. Less to smell. We have two and they are hidden in the cats nook that can not be seen when you walk in any door to our house. Hack number 2, instead of going and buying new litter boxes each go around, because that can get overly expensive, just bleach out the cat urine. I mean really bleach it out. I take mine out, wash it with dish soap, and bleach together. Let it sit out and soak and dry in the sun! I also always try to keep my house set at a cooler temp like 73. Any higher than that and you will be able to smell it more. Also, try to get all females. Makes want to mark their territory everywhere! I also think it helps to have wood floors and not carpet. Carpet holds smells in. Try to buy a rug that is inexpensive for your living room. My cats are only inside cats. They dont ever spray anywhere. And I also try to clean litter boxes before guest get here. As well as light some candles that smell like you are cooking!

    
ALSO.... I get asked. HOW AM I SO HAPPY? I try to remain happy. I learned at a young age, I don't want to people please. I don't want to just blend in. I just dont want to be one with the crowd. I like to stand out, and I don't give a rats ass if you are talking about me. Really I dont. If you watch me, I will genuinely do something to piss you off just to run your mouth about me. But it wont be any harm. No harm no foul. But you get the jist. The less and less that someone knows that they don't get under your skin, the happier you can be. It worked for me! I also let myself lose track of time. I don't always watch check. Because who wants that? That's like wishing your life away always wondering what time it is! And that makes me ridiculously happy. I mean if you are my friend reading this have you ever heard me ask what time it is? My Motto is, it's always 5 oclock somewhere!!!!I mean I am so okay with getting in my art room by ten am and noticing it is 4 oclock and wondering where my day went! Of course I know exactly what I did with my day, but not time keeping means the world to my hack of being happy! As the title stated, I don't hold onto grudges. I don't! Because I am happy. I have learned those people only see the glass half full. And who wants it to be 5 oclock with an almost empty glass?



Someone asked to see my planner and wondered how I did it all planned and stj'ed and art classes!!  Oh and I painted on 3 canvases this weekend. These are for painting the fem fall e course 2017



 How I planned in my *E.C* before Effy.
My current sweet trash journal/diary/morning pages/blogger/class note log/ to do lists ect







Yes, even worked a formula to where I try on what I buy when I bring it home, and put down what event I will wear it to! That way it will get worn! I was having some issues with keeping tags on things. This way I know what I have to wear for the specific event!
this was in my EC. I had done everything I needed that week and wanted to cover it up with great art! To inspire me to go to my art room and paint! Since I had done it all!


Proof I do what I say, and mean what I do, and do when I write it out! Ish gets done! 

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to see your planner. Post a page. How do you have time with all the classes and other tings you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My planner is Effy's Sweet Trash journal. when I started her Book of Days, I gave up on Erin Conderin... I cheated on her! if you go to one of my first blogs on here, I think I posted a picture. But I will show you more of my current stj. And what goes in it. I had been doing 3 pages of morning pages too. Right now, with the blogger, I have gotten off track and considered that my morning pages because I print them out and put them in my stj :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your planner. I've been trying to do some sort of planning in one of those grid composition books from Walmart. It hasn't worked out so well LOL. I pretty much skipped the entire summer, but I am trying to get back to at least the calendar part and Blog Post tracker. I love your painting, too. I love the colors. It reminds me of a candle, one of those twisted dip ones you see in a candle shop, the kind you can watch them make. So cool!

    ReplyDelete

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...