Saturday, September 2, 2017

It's football season and I want friendships!




 Blogging along with Effy Wild day 2!


TODAY'S NUDGE
2) What do you really want?

     Today is the big day! GAME DAY IN THE SEC! Game day for Alabama and Auburn, as I spoke briefly about yesterday. I lost a friendship last year over the last Alabama game. I try to remember, even during football season, to be Christ like, even though I bite my tongue and walk around on egg shells to please Alabama fans. Well, I've had it. I want more friendships with fans of the like, Auburn fans that is! Those of us, who are rebels at heart. Those of us, who love animals and are a true Auburn fan because they have one of the best vet schools around. But, yes I said it, rebel. By that I mean, we weren't born Auburn fans. I think that is because I was raised around some really unadultarated, obnoxious, caddy whiny Alabama fans. And they just ruined it for me ever wanting to say, those trashy Roll Tide Words!
     My first memory, I am almost 7 or 8 and screaming WAR DAMN EAGLE! And I cussed, and I liked it! And it turned my grandfathers head! My grandfather had a gas station, where I would go visit on weekends with my Father, and we would get game day snacks. He had this blue and orange tie dye tee shirt, with those very words written across the top. He must have seen me eye balling it because he kindly took it off the shelf and gave it to me. I am pretty sure my Dad paid for it. However, it felt like he "gave" me this shirt because he could see it in my eyes, that I was NOT like the REST of them! And then and there, my Auburn FAN GIRL STARTED! I am sitting here this morning in my buckle blue and orange - that says- not so much Auburn fan, but at last it does scream WAR DAMN EAGLE, thinking of this sweet day!
      Now I sit uneasy at 34 claiming to be an Auburn fan.
     I think the world needs a little more of my grandfather in it, as he left this world a few years ago. More Alabama fans need to be more like him, and treat us Auburn fans with dignity. Because I know I still have mine in tact, after each Auburn loss. I want more of him. I want more TIME with him. This memory came back like no other. Come here Suga, come tell me about Auburn football. The way he said that word! Suga! I want that BACK! All the feels right now!

       It is 2 oclock in the afternoon on Football Saturday and I am worn out!
     I want this to be such a good season for Auburn. I feel like I will be sleeping by the time 6:30 rolls around. Kick off time, I DONT want that! I feel like a kid going to Disney the night before Game Day! I get so excited, and then wham all of my energy is drained, like that long 12 hour to Disney.  I want so much for this team this year! I WANT NUMBER ONE AND I WANT IT IN THE WORST WAY! Because, that WANT is way overdue! But here I am, still sitting here tapping my foot waiting patiently for this season to be the one.

      I don't believe in the Auburn tailgate partying or the Alabama tailgate party. I just believe in parties. Stone Party of 2!
      I will have my husband pick up some pizza hut pizza, some wings from Sams burger, some beer on ice, and I will have red beans and rice going. FINGER FOODS! THAT I SOOOO WANT! Oh and speaking of what else I want? Some good old snackin' sausage, ro*tel, velveeta cheese dip! We will have our own little party when he gets off work. Bless his heart he had to work overtime on opening game day of SEC football! I hope we both dont fall asleep during the game. Praying it won't be a snooze fest! Pj party for two! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...