Wednesday, September 20, 2017

So tell me what ya want what ya really really want !

Today’s Nudge: Day 20 ! create a contest or challenge for your readership

     I was kinda curious yesterday. I combined two artists I love in my painting for the fem class 2.2! I have been an avid Tiare Smith Woods follower for years. I have learned so much from her. Also, the last year I have been on the Effy Wild train. As an artist I like to try my own steps, my own techniques, while also learning from them. My contest is this. Here are images from yesterday's paintings. I want to know, if you think it looks more like Tiare, or more like Effy or if you can really see MY OWN VOICE in it. You might look at it and say, well, yeah I see Effy in there, and I see a bit of Tiare in there. 

Here is a link to Effy's Blog Effy!
Here is a link to Tiare's Blog Tiare!

But you must go visit their websties. Really look around at their work. And see if you can see what I have learned. If you can see I have really made it my own, come back comment, whatever your heart is telling you! There is no wrong answer. The winner will be picked Friday Sept 27th at 7 pm! The winner will get a hand painted canvas from me! Something that says, thank you for playing along! 












1 comment:

  1. Your chic chick is a beauty!
    As a fan of both artists I can see their influences. Effy’s in the flowers, title font and face shape. Tiare in the colors and loose, free paint style. Either way YOU created her and she’s your style in that moment.
    I’ve put a lot of pressure on myself to find my own style then I realized what I love in others art wont necessarily come from my own hand, I have to let it do what it wants. So I gave up and let what comes, be what they are.
    Constantly creating something helps define it all.
    I have been told that my creations are symbolic. I like that.

    ReplyDelete

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...