Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Like, I'm the one who wants to get invited!

Day 4 Blog Along with Effy! 

TODAY’S NUDGE: What is something you struggle with? What battles are you fighting that most people know nothing about? What’s something about you or your life that makes you feel weird, or different, or isolated?

       I am an old soul! I really feel isolated around people my own age!! My soul is a left over 60 year old crazy hippie! I have never gotten along with people my own age! Maybe for a little while, but I either push them away, or I isolate myself, because I fear we really have nothing in common ground! Probably why I married someone 23 years older than me! FACT! I can function in my brain like a 60 year old. And it really hurts seeing someone my age not using their brain to the full potential! Then I can't  always keep snide remarks to myself. Somewhere along the lines, I will say full out how you are making me feel and why we just can't be friends. It isn't YOU, it's me!
       I wake up thinking I WANT friends! 
I do want friends. I don't struggle at all making them. I'm not as socially awkward, as you may think.     I have more friends than I can count on, my fingers and toes. Of all walks of life. And for the most part, we do all get along.

      During my lifetime, I have just become picky and choosy as who gets to see the best me. Like, I am that girl that wants to get invited, but I probably wont go. Trust me, I do want to be part of it. But, there's that part of me, that says, you are too mature. At times I know I really am! I have to carefully look at all areas of my life. If I feel that one of my boundaries might be crossed, then it's best I just don't go!
     I even have a funny story for you. Then you may understand me. I graduated high school in 2002. But, some of my best buddies were two years older and graduated in 2000. Come ten year reunion time, for those in 2000, I got asked to come, and I didn't even graduate in 2000. Come in 2002 reunion, I didn't get asked to come AT ALL! I wasn't shocked, because, I JUST DONT GET ALONG with folks my own age. I think I somehow make them feel uncomfortable. Without meaning to. It's nothing I do, other than sense how awkward it really is to be in the same room as a 34 year old. I feel total tension.
      If I have ever made you feel some way because of this, all I can say is I am sorry. I really don't get it either. It is seriously like I have another soul trapped inside me!  While I may seem strange to you, or a bit off, I AM. I embrace that! Thank you to those of you who embrace it with me! And don't question my intentions!


(like this summer for example. I loved having breakfast with old Man Larry. A dear friend of my fathers... really, I enjoy talking to older folks. So much insight they have to offer and value for us!)

KISSES,

LIV STONE!

PS I LOVE YOU  YOU ARE A HOOT AND YOU ARE WISE BEYOND YOUR YEARS AND YOU *KNOW* THIS GIRL! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...