Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The little notebook that could!


  Carrie Bradshaw lied, because life can still be fabulous filling up little pages in composition notebooks! Honest to blog, I haven't blogged in years. Last I blogged, blogging, blogged, and words of that nature weren't even really in tune with the rest of the world. Now, that they are, I am writing in a composition notebook! 
          So, why am I blogging again? I majored in mass media, communications. I miss feeling that sense of connection! I know I can write again in my little sweet trash journals! Thanks to Effy Wild, who gives us prompts to write about daily, I am starting to feel like the little writer that could again! Thus, the little notebooks that could and can and this little cute hoot blog, that WILL! These little books have made my daily routine a little more magical !

         It is time to start saying good things about myself, while, Carrie Bradshaw, didn't blog, she did sit down at her computer, in front of her favorite window, over looking the city. I  might not have a newspaper column, but I have a communications degree, with articles of my own written for my college where I graduated. And since, I have really missed writing with deadlines, writing with meaning, writing the way I used to! So, now thanks to Effy Wilds, Blog Along With Effy, I am being challenged to have those deadlines back, and challenges to write once a day, each day in the month of September.

        As Carrie would say: I couldn’t help but wonder… in looking for career-love, when do you know it’s right to write?
          As a writer, I have really missed writing, and I used to write everyday, for fun! Yes, for fun. For lack of better words (writers block!) At times I would feel I was missing chapters in my life, because I wasn't writing. I would only dream of having five seconds to my day to write to calm the mind, escape, and get out of the head. January 1st 2017, I joined in the tribe of Effy WIld, for an art course, in mixed media. The course called Book Of Days. It is a buffet class! Oh and you would have to join and check it out to understand. Now, I am writing again every day as mentioned above and filling up composition notebooks. While, it may seem like a false accomplishment, there is nothing false about filling up a journal with my thoughts! Even if I am the only one reading these (or if "KING BEE, " my husband sneaks a look....) I feel as if I am doing this for myself. Something I have needed for a long time. There is never a wrong or a right time to write! I do have to remember, that this is a blog, now, and not my Sweet Trash Journal, and that ANYONE can READ this! I want to find other writers, who enjoy my passion. I want that connection again, that I used to have with random people who sit and write 1,000 words a day, just to write! 

      Sorry, I almost got "Carried away, " with all the Carrie Bradshaw references today, but as you can see she had an impact on me! By starting this blog today, it is important to me! What I do every day, is important yes, but writing fulfills my soul and gives me that funny feeling in my tummy! Like a musician would if they walked into guitar center, like a clothes horse would feel like walking in a Bloomingdales! Time to change my habits and bloom! 

     NOTE TO SELF 
          * You are a HOOT! I love you! And I am proud of YOU! 

Kisses,

Liv Stone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...