Tuesday, September 12, 2017

*Art from the Heart*


Today’s Nudge: Write about someone who has had a positive influence on you. Link to them, if they have an on line presence. Boost their signal.
Gonna be tough because there are so many of you!
On day 12! Blogging along with Effy!



     Do I have to pick just one?
     I really need to thank Tiare Smith Woods! Sweet Tea and Tiare!  
 My husband works shift work, which allows me to stay up late, and you tube binge. On one of those binges, I happened to manage to be lucky enough to find Tiare Smith Woods! I am a self taught artist. I did not go to school, to art! I taught myself by youtube videos, tons and tons of online classes. And she was one of the first I found and took and gravitated to!
     Through Tiare, I have branched out. And my inner artist has come to life. Her smile and her laugh and all of her art from the heart is infectious! Always leaving you wanting more! She dives right in, the stuff without all the fluff is her motto!
     She is one of my SOUL sisters! 
     I used to scrapbook. Back in the day. Which is how I Found her! Then I realized I can do more than scrapbook, and YOU CAN TOO! Trust me, when I say, I could NOT draw a face, I could not DRAW a flower! I just couldn't. Until one night, I had plenty of time on my hands, saw her tutorials, and I became a self taught artist, and have never looked back! I have embraced the inner artist in me.
     Today I am enrolled in her new class Splatter Splotch and Paint 111 (3!) yes 3!
     It is a way to really free yourself and let go of the inner critic. Just by splattering paint down! This one class alone has taught me to let go of that inner critic and become that rebellious teenager. My inner critic now is about 17 and she wants to go to school to be an artist. She wants to really learn about art theory. Color theory and maybe fashion art. And I have to really give it all to Tiare Smith Woods! I have come along way with Tiare. So many of her students in her tribe have suggested other artists for me to seek out to. And I have, and I am forever grateful for her tribe! There's so many of you out there in her tribe.
     I have met so many wonderful artists out there through Tiare.
    Which maybe online only, but I am thankful for these friendships! But when it all boils down to it, Tiare Smith Woods, embraced my SOUL! And helped that teenager that wants to go to fashion art school, come out ! I am forever thankful to be on an art journey with Tiare ! I wouldn't have found Jane Davenport, Effy Wild and Christy Tolmnison without Tiare! I have so many of you guys that rock my poptarts and have saved my art soul. And I am forever thankful! Somewhere in the mix of all of you guys, I have found my flavor. And Tiare always tells me, she can see me on the page! Which makes me feel good! Kudos girl! 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for saying this and for sharing. This inspires me to continue doing what I do. It makes every moment I try so worth it. You have completely touched my heart and got my emotions flowing. Your gratitude and your heart are showing! Sweet! And I am completely grateful that you have chosen to spend some of your time with me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are very welcome Tiare! I am proud to be part of your Classy tribe! I have learned so much about who I am as an artist through you and your encouraging words!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post! And thank you for the introduction to a new artist! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! You can find her through facebook as well! She has a few e courses to get ya started and gives quotes every monday with a tutorial on her blog to follow along with!

      Delete

And a cuppa

Today’s Nudge: Post about something that’s sacred to you. And Day 23! Along with Thursday's Daily post topic! My morning iced coffee ...